What do you do as a Software Developer at Hartwig Medical Foundation?
As a Software Developer at Hartwig Medical Foundation, you will be responsible for building and maintaining tools that interpret genomic analysis on the whole-genome data of patients and their tumor. You play an important role in translating molecular findings into actual treatments that might be beneficial for patients.
As a Software Developer you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse team (including bioinformaticians and clinical experts) to translate molecular findings into possible treatments that might benefit an individual patient. This is a unique role for a driven developer to work with cutting edge technologies, in an international team, solving challenging problems.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver working software of high quality that will be focused on matching the molecular outcomes of a tumor sample to treatment options
- Design and develop automated unit, integration and regression tests
- Be a part of the team that expands and improves our technology stack (an evolving range of systems and technologies) and ensure it is future-proof
- Combining software development with research, testing, and elements of project and process management
- Working closely with software developers, bioinformaticians, and medical experts and being immersed in the field by researchers and medical specialists
- Making an impact on patients’ lives by improving diagnostics and care
What you’ll need
- Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent and at least 2 years of demonstrable experience as a Software Engineer or a similar position
- 2+ years of professional software development in Java, C++, C# or a similar object-oriented language and willing to apply yourself to learning Java on the job
- Genuine interest in being immersed in genomics and medicine and finding the challenges in that domain interesting
- Practical experience with software development principles of refactoring, automated testing, CI/CD, and code review
- Ability to work cross-functionally and bring projects to completion independently
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (or other cloud provider), Docker/Kubernetes, relational databases and event driven architectures are an asset
- Problem solving mindset / critical thinking
- Team player / collaboration skills
- Bring your engineering knowledge to a team of people with diverse backgrounds
What you are looking for in a job
- A diverse set of responsibilities in an enthusiastic team
- An open organizational structure that encourages the sharing of ideas, knowledge and technology between teams
- A dynamic environment that creates a steady stream of challenges: one of the most exciting aspects of the job is our quick feedback loop
- Friendly colleagues, regular drinks and conviviality
- The opportunity to be part of and work in an innovative field and facilitate high-quality research for a foundation that offers a unique world-beating DNA test that directly affects and improves the lives and treatment of cancer patients
Now it’s up to you! Apply today to begin your amazing journey with Hartwig Medical Foundation.
Send your personal motivation and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application procedure consists of two interviews.
Any questions? Contact Daphne van Beek on +31 (0)20 226 9712 or email@example.com.
Freelancers and temporary employment/recruitment agencies should not respond to this vacancy.
This is us
Hartwig Medical Foundation is an innovative organization that wants to ensure that every patient with cancer receives the most appropriate treatment. We do this by making complete DNA sequencing and analysis available to hospitals for the treatment of today’s patients. For the patients of tomorrow, we help researchers by collecting the DNA data from patients and making it available together with treatment outcomes.
We are a driven organization that has many external contacts with professional groups, doctors, oncologists, and policy makers.
More information about the organization and activities can be found on hartwigmedicalfoundation.nl.
Location: Science Park 408, 1098 XH, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
De complete DNA-test is een belangrijke stap op weg naar behandeling van vormen van kanker die nu nog niet behandeld kunnen worden met doelgerichte medicijnen.