Organization and board members
Hartwig Medical Foundation is an independent foundation partly funded by philanthropy. The foundation has no profit motive and reinvests all acquired funds in achieving its mission. Directors Hans van Snellenberg, Edwin CupHartwig Medical Foundation is an independent foundation partly funded by philanthropy. The non-profit foundation reinvests all acquired funds in achieving its mission. Directors Hans van Snellenberg, Edwin Cuppen and Koos van der Hoeven oversee day-to-day management.
- Rob Defares (member), founder and Director of IMC
- Guido Derckx (member), partner at Loyens & Loeff
- Chris Polman (member), neurologist, represents the Dutch Federation of University Medical Center and chair of the board of Amsterdam UMC’s VUmc location and vicechair of the AMC location
- Emile Voest (member), internist-oncologist, Netherlands Cancer Institute- Antoni van Leeuwenhoek, Amsterdam, director of Cancer Core Europe
The Scientific Board consists of renowned national and international scientists and advises the Board of Directors and Supervisory Board on scientific and strategic choices, when requested. In addition, the Scientific Board evaluates requests for data for scientific value and feasibility.
- René Bernards (member), biomedical geneticist, Head of Molecular Carcinogenesis at the Netherlands Cancer Institute – Antoni van Leeuwenhoek, Amsterdam
- Han van Krieken (member), Rector of the board of Radboud University, Nijmegen
- Bob Löwenberg (member), hematologist Erasmus MC, Rotterdam
- Roel Verhaak (member), Professor and Associate Director of Computational Biology, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine, Connecticut (US)
Meet our enthusiastic team of lab analysts, bioinformaticians, IT specialists, clinicians and more!
The complete DNA test allows for personalized treatment and so limits the chance of undesirable side effects.